How To Rapidly Build A NodeJS REST API with Fastify, PostgreSQL, and Swagger Documentation
This multi part video series is a chance to learn one of my curated workflows for quickly building a REST API with Fastify, NodeJS, and Postgresql that is self documenting and able to be scaled very easily for much larger projects.
You Will Learn How To:
- Build API's lightning fast with NodeJS and Fastify
- Write API's that are robust with request/reply data validation, autogenerated documentation, and easy to follow
- Basic PostgreSQL schema creation
- Leverage Cloud SQL providers
- Run a PostgreSQL database in Docker
- Use SQL tools to manage your data
- Signup and authenticate users securely and authorize them for access to their resources with fastify-session
- Build a basic REST API that can Create, Read, Update, and Delete Notes data
- Full text searchable your API using only PostgreSQL - even match on words that contain typos!
- Automate your API testing workflows with Postman
If you want to skip straight to the code, go ahead and peek at the Github repo here:
Otherwise, lets get started below!